Friday, March 23, 2012

recommendation: hunger games inspiration

hunger games obsessed. I resisted this Trilogyfor so long. I just didn't get it. The idea behind the book didn't appeal to me, and I think they were presented too close after I was reading the Twilight series. I soon found Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and was easily captured by that. Well recently my mom insisted I give in to this series and oh my goodness! I flew through these books - I had to consciously put down the book so I could space them out so that when I finished the second book, it lined up with a trip down south to visit my brother in-law and his wife because she had the third book for me to borrow. and god forbid more than a day pass between the two books. ha!

well i am beyond excited about the movie which I plan on seeing next week. i know a lot of people will be fleeing to the theater this weekend to catch this book adaptation, so if you want to go a little crazy and get in Panem character - here are some inspirations:

Hunger Games Nail Art #1


Hunger Games Nail Art #2 by Nailasaurus (awesome site!!!)


Cupcakes on Fire


a full menu by She Suggests if you are hosting a party before or after the movie! everything is themed! I LOVE it!!


Hunger Names!
Click it, it gives you a silly name, which District you were from, and how you died in the Hunger Games (you don't think you win, do you?)


How to do the Katniss Braid


Mockingjay Pin!
Two versions: CHEAP and NICE, both look the same to me.


Last but not least, my brother-in-law's wife's sister-in-law (no there was no easier way to say that) wrote a book, "The Hunger Games and the Gospel: Bread, Circuses, and the Kingdom of God ", I haven't read it yet but check it out if you are interested!


Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment