Friday, June 1, 2012

recommendation: only pin the good

I'm starting something new on pinterest. You all know from my previous posts about 'actually doing the things you pin' that not everything on pinterest is yummy, fun, easy, achievable. I hate when people post a pretty picture but no link so you have no idea where the product is from or how to do it. I also hate when you try a recipe and its a complete disappointment. If I've tried something, and it didn't go well, I delete the pin. Why promote people to re-pin and try themselves? I want to link my rani recommends with pinterest so here's the deal:

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • if there is a pin on ANY of my boards and I've tried it and liked it (even if room for improvement or personal interpretation), I will leave it and put a RR next to it so you know that RANI RECOMMENDS it!

  • if there is a pin on ANY of my boards and there is no RR, that means I have not yet tried it

  • if you once saw something on my board and didn't repin it because you figured you'd just find it again on my board (I say this because I do this for other people), and its not there - I deleted it. SO always re-pin something you like to your own board. It is literally a 4 click activity (repin, select a board to pin it to, edit or leave comments, click repin).

Obviously this won't work for all pins. There are some I will never try or be able to achieve (aka many in the 'to live in' board, my inspire board, etc.). But there are a lot of crafts, DIY, recipes, etc. that I have tried or plan on trying. And a lot of the good ones you'll hear about on here! Also, I have a 'to blog' board of pins that lead to posts here on rani recommends. Just want to make sure we're all on the same page here :)

Happy (re)pinning!

p.s. Its the weekend, and since its rainy, that means its project time. Here is what I'm trying within the next week so be on the lookout for blog posts, RR's on Pinterest (or maybe disappearing pins if they don't go well!):

- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Alton Brown's Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Braided T-Shirt Bracelets
-
No-Bake Energy Bites
- Stairway Picture project, combination of this and this

2 comments:

  1. i really like the stairway project, it sounds similar to what mom and dad have. it would be cute if you put up some iron/gold decorations that match (or maybe that really DON'T match.. wait wait, that is not in line with rani's rules) the frames. like a wrought iron key, or random little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the stairway project! I'm sure it will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete