Wednesday, March 16, 2011

recommendation: get a great blow dryer

my husband makes fun of me b/c i'll buy something that i have absolutely no need or use for because i saw it in a magazine or just HAD to have it or honestly, because i saw that red sale tag - but then it'll be 6:45am and i'm trying to get my blow dryer to start and it won't but see the thing is the power button sticks a little but if you take something hard, like your hairbrush and hit the power button in just the right spot, it will work! Since blow dryers at target can be like $19.99, its just silly for me to be using a broken one.

well i (read: my kind and generous father) invested in a miraculous product that i knew was out there but never had interest in buying.... a CHI BLOW DRYER. i did get a chi hair straightener last year from DSW, and that is because i was shopping for shoes i didn't need and thought it was so funny that they were selling this fancy straightener at DSW that it must be a good deal. and it has saved me so much time. so i figured it would be the same for the blow dryer and i was right. i no longer cringe at the thought of drying the wet mop of hair on my head - the dryer gets really hot (careful) and dries my long thick hair in 5 minutes!!!

This is the one: CHI Blue Nano Ceramic Hair Dryer i have although i would say worth doing a comparison to see which one is best. before you roll your eyes or freak out about the price, read the reviews - its worth the investment. sometimes it is worth it to buy an item that is more expensive but quality - in this case, its saving me tons of time!

1 comment:

  1. smetler,
    i liked your post on blow dryers. as an avid opposer to blow drying, straightening, or in general washing and brushing my hair, i too have a hard time understanding the need for buying a $140 dollar blow dryer. then again, my hair is similar to yours in that it is thick (beautiful), and heavy (gorgeous). maybe i have a need for one of these chi blow dryers you speak of. do you think you could convince that generous father of yours to buy one for me too?

    ReplyDelete