Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Recommendation: spaghetti squash recipe

i was hesitant to post this b/c i had another recent post on butternut squash and i don’t want to seem like a squash freak but my supportive cube-mate told me i must! Since i got the recipe from her friend Candice’s blog that i’m newly obsessed with, i kinda owe her, so here we go.

squash as spaghetti!
i was checking out the Stiletto Chef Blog b/c Candice was recently featured on Good Morning America and my cube-mate brought in her beautiful cookbook – Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You, which I’m dying to get. The blog is so pretty and I love that she has video clips of how to do the recipes!

After watching the spaghetti squash one, I was dying to try: the recipe. The question was, how to make it into a complete meal so that my 6’5 husband would be full and satisfied too? Solution turned out to be easy. I used our most favorite spaghetti sauce (Mids) and went this wonderful Italian store Panozzo's nearby us that we frequent often that has amazing meatballs. Squash cooked, ladled with sauce, parm, and fresh basil, and plop one meatball in and you have a heck of a meal!

Leftovers were super delish too! My responsibly green friend gave me a few of her
discarded tupperwares from WF that have dividers b/c I’ve been looking for a Tupperware version of them. It worked great for the small portions of leftovers I had for lunch at work the next day, and it was completely filling!

p.s. I’m also dying to try this Pad Thai recipe. Can someone please make it??

No comments:

Post a Comment