Thursday, January 5, 2012

recommendation: quick crochet project

Sunday, late afternoon. Cozy fire ablaze, sun shining through the window with light snow on the ground. Hangover almost gone, full tummy of snacks and sudden burst of energy. I've been dying to try to make an infinity scarf. In my head, I make a scarf, twist it, and sew the ends together.

I decided to check out pinterest for some quick ideas and came across the easiest, quickest, most awesome project from the blog On the Wings of a Dove (love that her post name is "Holy Crap I need a present pronto!).

The project seemed pretty simple - slip stitch and double crochet (dc) stitch are both basics but I needed a quick refresher. Lion Brand Learning Center is one of my favorite resources.

It took me a little less than 3 hours and I'm thrilled with the result. I've even made 2 more since (this was 2 sunday's ago!). Sometimes a knitting or crocheting project can be very time and labor intensive and its hard to keep going when it takes forever to see the results. This project is a great confidence booster, makes you feel so accomplished! And I got to use my new crochet hook - size N15 (10.00mm). The yarn I used was Lion Brand Tweed Stripes in Orchid, I only used one skein:

Happy Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment