Friday, January 13, 2012

recommendation: WF breakfast!

A lot of times the things I like to recommend are ideas and items that others have recommended to me (word of mouth is the best kind of recommendation!!). This recommendation was donated to me by my hubby and sister in law, guest recommenders for today's blog post!!

Did you know that whole foods has a breakfast buffet in the a.m.?! I had no idea! I guess I never really paid attention to this but the sign on the Hot Bar says 8am - 8pm... Well they kept raving about it so I finally decided that I should probably check it out. They are both food lovers so I knew I could trust them. Here is what they had to say:

Per Hannah - "Delicious, Awesome. I'd eat there everyday if I could."
Per Zachary - "The perfect way to start a day for only $1.99."

I didn't think that one taco would be enough but I didn't want to start my day off full of gluttony so I decided to listen to my hubby and pick up one and a medium coffee. It was filling enough for a normal day and so satisfying!

They switch up what is on the hot bar each day - when we were there there were tacos (bacon/cheese/egg, or chirizo/potato/egg) for $1.99 each, and burritos for $3.99 each. Luckily (or maybe not so lucky for our checkbook), we have a Whole Foods super close by, so my hubby ran over this a.m. to pick up breakfast - on today's menu were whole wheat sausage/egg/cheese tacos (again, for $1.99 each), and bacon/potato/cheese/egg burritos for $3.99. We decided to try one of each - I've never had a taco with a whole wheat tortilla before - it was delish! Both have pico on them already but I like extra sauce so added a little Taco Bell Sauce (I picked mine up at Busch's, Meijer has it too but don't always have mild and hot... and don't act like you don't stuff your pockets with extra sauces when you make a run to the border...betcha didn't know they sell the sauce in stores so now you don't have to!!).

This is a relatively cheap meal (considering its Whole Foods). Check it out and have a fun start to your morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment