Monday, January 23, 2012

recommendation: salt & peppa. pistachios that is.

Time to get a bit nutty. When you are looking for a fun snack, turn to pistachios and more specifically, SALT & PEPPER pistachios. They are awesome. They are in the shells still, so I thought, how much flavor can get in there? But its just enough. And really, it only helps that they are in shells - it makes you work for your food and slows you down just enough so that you can't take handfuls at a time (is that not a dream? when you are eating pistachios, don't you ALWAYS think... how amazing would it be to just have a handful of pistachios?).

Once you open a bag of pistachios, they normally keep good for quite a while as long as you seal it properly (they'll get stale if exposed to air too long, they absorb moisture). So its a good thing to keep in the house for snacking or to set out for guests. I buy Wonderful Pistachio, but Everybody's Nuts! also makes flavored nuts (I want to try chili & lime!!). There have been coupons for both brands in the newspaper inserts lately, so be on the lookout.

If you need more convincing then my recommendation, let me mention that one serving, which is - get this - 49 nuts (insane!), contains 160 calories, 14 grams of fat, has no added oil, and naturally provides a few great things like Vitamin B6, copper and manganese. Ok, fine, I don't know what manganese is either - just look at this nifty nut comparison chart instead!

p.s. I'm on the lookout for a bowl like this one, the Eva Solo Smiley Bowl, - I saw this in a holiday gift guide. I don't want to spend so much but love the functionality of it!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy I love pistachios !!! You should try the jalapeno ones that Planters makes, they are pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete