Tuesday, May 1, 2012

recommendation: cookie butter

I have a confession. But you have to listen to the whole story. See, it started like this. I had a day of errands all planned out, and only because I was going to be on the other side of town at Home Depot did I add Home Goods to my list. I went in, circled around. Pondered a few things. And walked out. Did you get that people? I went to Home Goods and DID NOT BUY ANYTHING!!!!

But that is not my confession. I was holding in a smile as I walked out, filled with pride at my self-control. In fact I was so proud of myself when I got back to the car that I lost all of that self-control and rewarded myself with a bite of a treat. Which I purchased only because I don't go to TJ's as often anymore so when you go you have to stock up. This is all making complete sense, right?

Ok so here's my confession. I bought cookie butter.

And I had more than a bite. I can't explain it, just buy it. If you don't like it, you only wasted $4. And if you love it, don't hate me for leading you there. It's not my fault. Trader Joes makes and sells it, blame them. It is not healthy, it is habit forming, and everything including but not limited to pretzels, toast and your finger tastes good dipped in it.

Its not butter, its same texture as peanut butter but tastes like crushed spiced biscuits (biscoff). You know, the kind you eat in Europe? Or on your Delta flight to Vegas? The label at the store describes it as similar to gingerbread, but don't let that deter you. Gingerbread seems wintery but its just the idea that its a spiced cookie spread. I tried dipping plain pretzel slims to make it a little less guilty - they snap easily but the salty taste is great. You can find this product right next to the peanut butter - its labeled as Speculoos Cookie Butter.

Try it! Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha omg i am dying. you're hilarious.. and you are GUILTY! i'm proud of you for home goods because it is hard to not buy anything there, but sessy you should have known better with this cookie butter stuff. that said. i do NOT LIKE COOKIE BUTTER! you think it'd be right up my alley but i think the taste is too strong. i bought a jar and after craig ate half of it, i threw it out :) teehee. i'm so mean. its just like nutella i think... now that's something i can eat a whole jar of!!

    ReplyDelete