Monday, May 16, 2011

recommendation: peace, love and chocolate

Can I tell you how much fun this chocolate is? I received this 9 pack Milk Chocolate Truffles as a gift. Its an awesome gift because its amazing but expensive chocolate that you would never buy for yourself when you crave chocolate but is totally and completely worth the money. I knew to take my time with them as they are quite a specialty in the chocolate world. You can’t leave this box sitting around…not because they are that delicious but because they must be consumed in 2 weeks and kept cool. They are that special. My husband and I took turns picking which one to try and split them, here were our 3 favorites. (Descriptions below each are from the website):
Xocatyl
Mexican vanilla bean + milk chocolate. Xocatyl, a spicy, vanilla-flavored drink favored by the elite ruling classes of the Mayan and Aztec cultures, inspires this milk chocolate truffle. According to Aztec legend, the potent elixir bestowed power and wisdom upon those who drank it!

Woolloomooloo
Australian macadamia nut + coconut + deep milk chocolate. Macadamia nuts, native to Australia, were harvested by the Aboriginal people who occupied the eastern slopes of the Great Dividing Range. This truffle is named after a suburb in Sydney.

Naga
Sweet Indian curry powder + coconut + milk chocolate. Inspired by the tribes of Northeast India and the fertile landscapes. I naturally conjured up thoughts and dreams of curry. This truffle was my first Vosges creation a beautiful balance of spiciness, sweetness and color.
I think the Naga was our all time favorite, maybe because I'm Indian, but it is such an interesting flavor and the coconut balances it out from being too weird. Very creative. They even have chocolate with bacon! Luxury Chocolate - check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment