Tuesday, May 24, 2011

recommendation: shake it...

...like a Polaroid picture! Love love love this WF discovery. Its called the “Three Grain Shaker” and contains wheatberries, quinoa, barley, edamame, carrots, squash, zucchini, tomato, and a container of dressing (thick, peanut citrus asian type thing). Technically because of its namesake, you are supposed to dump the dressing into the cup and shake it but I like to scoop half out into a bowl and hand mix. I love getting this for days I need to eat lunch at desk, and for days that I want to eat something uber healthy but satisfying too so that I don’t binge and dig around in my “snack” (chocolate/cookie/candy) drawer afterwards. The grains are so filling that I can split this little $4.99 shaker into two lunches but wouldn’t feel guilty eating the whole thing. So natural and fresh!

I hate this realization but all Whole Foods are not created equal and they all carry different items in their ‘ready-made’ section. I was at the Gold Coast location last Friday and was filled with jealousy at their long salad bar, their burger and panini counter, and these cute little falafel snack packs I found that I will have to go back and try sometime. But so far, I have seen these shakers at all whole foods that I have been to (which is only 3). So look for it at your local store, but if you can’t find it, travel ALL the way to the South Loop WF to pick one up. And holler at me since your in my ‘hood!

No comments:

Post a Comment