Wednesday, May 18, 2011

recommendation: top five (x 3!) – social media/best of web edition

top5 sites I visit on a regular basis:
- Drugstore.com – reasons already stated, see previous post
- Celebritybabyscoop.com - to feed my celebrity obsession further, I am now obsessed with their babies
- Opentable.com – I heavily rely on this site to steer us in the right direction for our dining needs, what to try, what works best for groups, etc. Plus the app on my phone is so easy to use. They have it for Ann Arbor & Detroit too my Michigan peeps!
- Yelp.com – use site for feedback on local restaurants, companies, and stores
- Cookinglight.com – we *try* to eat healthy so I normally plan to make at least one recipe per week from Cooking Light magazine or online recipe box

top5 blogs:
- Vegonomics - my economical vegetarian sister full of helpful and healthful tips
- Peas in a Pod – my sister’s friend and her mom take turns posting, think this is such a cute idea
- Lauren Goes Shopping - my sister’s friend’s an expert at shopping and has great style
- Candice Kumai – Stiletto Chef- love this pretty site and just ordered her cookbook… reviews to come soon!
- Hostess Blog - I love to look at the pictures on this site to get ideas. Eye candy for event planners.

top5 email newsletters:
- Refinery 29 - this website has started fueling ideas for my blog posts – hip Chicago specific recommendations. Love the slideshows. A new favorite.
- Dailycandy– offers a ‘curated guide to Everywhere’ – has Chicago specific as well as other cities, sends daily deal with info, inside scoop, or special offer on restaurants, bars, fashion, shops, spas, events, etc.
- WhoWhatWear – celebrity style & fashion, love the ‘lookbook’ style pages
- Tastingtable– daily email for adventurous eaters
- Martha Stewart Crafts – daily email with a craft project. In true Martha style, the are normally overly involved but I like the ones aimed towards kids as they are easier, and there are some great basic ideas that come through on these

No comments:

Post a Comment