Monday, May 9, 2011

recommendation: products for sensitive skin

I have really sensitive skin and basically can’t use any lotion or bath products that have scents. This can make things kind of boring. In high school I always wished I could use the bath & body works cucumber melon and sweet pea lotions. My skin also changes. I used to be able to use jergens cherry almond lotion religiously in my teen years, and then in college it suddenly gave me hives. I then moved on to nutraderm which is pretty gentle and is supposed to be made for dry & sensitive skin, but alas, after some time, it too did me wrong. So now, in this stage of life, here are some things that treat me right, for my dry and sensitive skin:

Kiehls grapefruit lotion– we use this at the hotel I work at so I got to sample some and was very hesitant about doing so. Normally when I sample something I’m standing next to a sink with soap on standby to scrub it off instantly if my skin starts itching. Low and behold, no reaction but moisturized hands. And it works on my face too!

Cetaphil – I use this for my body and legs, the lotion is thick but not too thick like the cream they have, and has no scent or irritating ingredients.

Aveeno – Natural Colloidal Oatmeal Daily Moisturizing Body Wash, and their Positively Radiant face cleanser (and might I add I love the nourish leave-in conditioner as well). Feels healthy for your body.

Bobby Brown Hydrating Eye Cream - I don't know if I necessarily recommend this product as it feels amazing but costs an arm & leg... but...I really enjoy it so I'll put it out there. I got a sample for free in a goodie bag and have been using very sparingly in hopes it will last me longer. It feels so soothing and I like to put it on before I go to bed at night. Its a whopping $46 for a .5oz (no, I did not mean 5 oz) but is total and complete luxury.

Ponds Makeup Wipes - I'm a big fan of these, especially because they come in travel size packs. I'm a firm believer of 'washing' your face before bed but am actually too lazy to use soap and water so these come to the rescue. I buy one pack a month (in my ritual drugstore.com order!) and also get the smaller packs of 15 to take with me to the gym so I can remove my makeup before working out. I do think they are not necessarily moisturizing but they do not irritate my skin at all.

Softsoap – this one is the biggest surprise to me since its not made for sensitive skin, but their bodywashes actually don’t bother me at all. I like the orange/honeysuckle one, and the shea butter one. They leave you smelling lovely!

p.s. I know this may be stating the obvious but just in case - all of the turquoise words in my blogs are links for the things I'm recommending. So check them out so that I'm not wasting my time putting them in there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment