Friday, December 16, 2011

recommendation: cheesecake dip

Ok, way overdue on posting this but better late than never because its worth posting. The great part is, even though I did a Thanksgiving version of this recipe, its easily adaptable! The original recipe came from my previous co-worker and fashionista friend Amy. Its one of the easiest recipes ever. Seriously.




Here are her instructions:
1 brick (8 oz) of cream cheese
1 tub of cool whip
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tspn of lemon juice

Beat on low and voila!

Notes:
- I served it as dip but Amy advises that it’s great in a graham cracker crust with strawberries on top too
- My friend Evie served as dip with shortbread cookies, strawberries, graham cracker sticks, garnished with chocolate chips
- You can use low fat cream cheese and low fat cool whip and splenda and it tastes exactly the same and weight watcher friendly!

Here is an official pumpkin pie version

I am not a fan of greek yogurt so I adapted the above version, here is my Pumpkin Pie version:
1 brick of low fat cream cheese
1 tub of low fat cool whip
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tsn of lemon juice
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
Pumpkin pie spice (not sure how much of this I put in, just kept adding and tasting) - can also use cinnamon and nutmeg if you don't have this

Served with: gingerbread graham crackers, green and red apples. The cake in the picture is leftover slices of my pumpkin chocolate chip cake!

Think of all of the possibilities.... add caramel to dip apples in. Add peppermint extract and dip chocolate graham crackers, with white chocolate shavings on top. Add raspberry preserves. The list goes on. This dip is awesome for potlucks!!!

And hubby approved! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment