Wednesday, February 1, 2012

recommendation: the best broccoli recipe

Do you ever plan your week's menu and stick a healthier meal in there, like marinated chicken and steamed veggies with a salad, and then when it comes around to making that meal, you are dreading it and then you push yourself and make this blah meal and it tastes blah and then you're like, now what because the meal was so unsatisfying?

Well last week I had broccoli in the house but before I went to steaming it, I decided to try a recently pinned recipe called "The Best Broccoli of your Life". I know, you are thinking - how good can broccoli be?!? I was skeptical when it said this recipe is better than steak (I wouldn't go that far) - but, the end result was pretty amazing broccoli. Definitely a recommended make again recipe. My friend even said her 2 year old loved it!

I didn't get a picture of the recipe which makes this post kind of boring but the broccoli is definitely NOT, so check it out!

A few notes:
- I eyeballed everything and used two small heads of broccoli so just adjusted the recipe a little
- I used minced, not sliced garlic
- I left out pine nuts too but did add the basil b/c I had it in the house
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment