Friday, April 6, 2012

UN-recommendation: easy breakfast bars

On to the next failed project! Again, while these seem like un-recommendations, really they are recommendations in disguise - I recommend you NOT to try these projects!

2. No Bake Breakfast Cookie

inspiration:
(pic from pinterest)

pin on pinterest, no origin, recipe is in pin description:
"This is the best and most awesome breakfast cookie ever! And the best part, no flour, no sugar, and no dairy added! Ingredients- 1.5 cups of oats 2-3 super ripened bananas 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce handful of craisins to taste cinnamon Pretty much just throw everything together, mix it up pretty well, throw it on a baking sheet at 350 for about 35 minutes and then go to town! It's great and super healthy for you! The entire batch ended up being about 12 weight watchers points."

steps:
as listed above. easy enough. only adjustments I made were that I used dried cherries instead of craisins and added some sliced almonds.

final product:
i felt like these had no flavor! i gave a few away before I tried them, big mistake, they were mushy and unappealing. maybe I should have baked them longer? if anyone else made these and had success, please tell me what I did wrong. the recipe was so easy I wish it was good!

i saw them disappearing from the container I was storing them in, but my husband didn't comment on them, so I wondered what was up. no, he wasn't secretly loving them. he was secretly feeding them to Mr. Toffee (our friendly backyard squirrel)! ha! lesson learned, everything on pinterest is not good, just pretty, which is not always enough (big life lesson resonating here! don't judge a book by its cover. beauty comes from within. yada yada yada).

No comments:

Post a Comment