Thursday, April 7, 2011

Recommendation: 3 versions of chicken parmesan

Ok, I will say upfront that these recipes aren't all chicken but they are versions of them! I tried a new recipe out of cooking light and loved it so want to share it with everyone. I was a little nervous b/c I've never cooked with ground chicken but it was super easy! I had left over sauce and cheese so have been eating my second version of chix parm all week. Wanted to share my 3 favorite ways! Warning - veggieheads, don't run off, 2 of these recipes are no-meat!

1. Cooking Light: Chicken Parmesan Burgers

My only note with this one was that I cooked it longer that the instructions say. Its hard to tell when its done b/c marinara is mixed into the patty but it keeps it moist so that it didn't dry out staying in the oven longer!














2. Boca Chik'n Patties
This is a great way of taking chicken parm to work with you! Microwave a chix patty, put a slice of skim-milk mozz over it to melt, bring a little cup of pasta sauce, and ta-da! I ate mine with a side salad. Very satisfying and for those who care, the chix patty is only 4 WW points.

3. Eggplant Parmesan
I've modified this recipe as it tells you that after you make the eggplant, you should layer it into a casserole but that's waaaay too much work for me! So here is my version of this recipe:

Preheat oven to 450
- Combine ¼ cup milk, 2 large eggs in bowl, stir with whisk
- Combine 1.5 cups panko bread crumbs and the following into a shallow dish (I used baking sheet with edges or pie pan):

½ tsp salt
½ tsp dried parsley
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp ground black pepper

- Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture, dredge in panko mixture
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Turn slices over and drizzle with oil. Bake addional 15 minutes or until tender

Serve with:
Cook whole wheat linguine pasta, will use mids sauce (my fav but Paul Newman sauce is ok too as recipe calls for) to put over everything so heat that up separately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment