Tuesday, April 19, 2011

recommendation: organize your recyclable bags

I am a bag woman when i leave work, i cannot deny it, i (almost) always have a tote bag with empty tupperware from lunch, my change of shoes (heels at work, flats for trek home), a book, etc. and sometimes another recycleable tote in my purse just in case!

My favorite recyclable bags for lunch bags are lululemon bags (i'm talkin the bag they send your purchases home in, not a bag purchased from there), for an errand where you just need one good bag to hold heavy things the ReUseIt Earth Tote is amazing, and for when you need to grab a few for groceries, the bags that are $1.99 from whole foods.

I’ll admit I’m a bit forgetful and don’t always have a bag on me and most places sell them these days, so I’ve ended up with quite a few. Here is an easy fix! Use an over the door shoe rack!

2/20/12, update: we've sinced moved and there was nowhere in our new house to hang this over a door! hmph! so i just put two nails up in the garage right next to the door leading in the house and hung this same over the door shoe holder there - there were two holes that the hooks had gone in so it was easy just to hang them on nails in the wall. now its easy to grab one when i'm on my way out to the store!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really good about remembering to bring my bags when I grocery shop because it's a planned event. However, I was always finding myself without a reusable bag for random errands. My solution: Bath and Body works sells reusable bags that roll up small and fit in your purse. Now I always have two or three on me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, great find! they look nice and lightweight, I'll have to get one next time I'm at the store. Cheap and pretty - this one is pretty for spring!

    http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11152050&cm_vc=200

    ReplyDelete