Sunday, April 17, 2011

recommendation: dippity do da

almost forgot to post this along with the pizza post... we are big dippers - hubby loves hot sauce and we have a collection of about 10 different kinds. For some people that may be no big deal but I am new to the world of hot sauce and having one for each type of dish is soooo strange to me. when we were first living together I had to learn to not be offended when he would start shaking franks hot sauce on the meal I just made without even trying the dish first! but I have always been a huge ranch fan so having a dipping sauce make sense. when we got the whole foods pizza last friday, this was our line up (ranch, red pepper flakes, honey, bbq, hot sauce)!


recommendations:
Here are a few sauces besides the normal ketchup, cholula, ranch, franks, etc. to try:

- honey...on your pizza crust. sounds so strange but is a sweet way to end a savory meal. my cousin from india who was living with our family when I was young while he was going to college taught us this and its been a family favorite ever since!

- hubby's favorite hot sauce: clancy's fancy, made in Ann Arbor Michigan! its not sold nation-wide so let me know if anyone needs me to bring one back!

- latest hot sauce discovery: big fat's 208 (bajan style) - taste like spicy mustard hot sauce, mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment