Friday, June 17, 2011

recommendation: friday obsessions

Well, its been a while since my last post. Not because I don't have anything to talk about or nothing exciting is happening - in fact, I have three topics that came up in the past week or so that I have good recommendations for! Indian grocery shopping and cooking; planting a garden on your balcony; and hosting a supper club! But alas, what has slowed down my posts is pure selfish laziness. I've been coming home from work and immediately changing into my PJ's, eating my dinner in bed and finding the girliest movie possible on TV until my hubby gets home from class (ie/ Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. yikes.)

So I ask you to hold tight an anticipation that I have lots of lovely recommendations to come... and in the meantime... here are 5 things I cannot stop thinking about that I want to share!

1. blush blazers worn by Kourtney & Khloe on Kardashians – cant find shot from the show but it was a boyfriend jacket and looked something like this – I want one!

2. David Burke's Primehouse Pop-Up Ice Cream Shop - Jove T's Big Daddy Kone Ice Cream Shop, 3-5pm at JBar - 610 N. Rush. $5 for jumbo cone, goes until it runs out, every friday through summer. The two flavors this week are:
PEPPERMINT COOKIES & CREAM- Fresh Peppermint Ice Cream, Chocolate Ice Cream, Mint Chocolate Meltaways, Chocolate Mint Cookies
CARROT CAKE- Cream Cheese Ice Cream, Carrot Cake Chunks, Pineapple Sherbet, Candied Walnuts.
YUM YUM YUM. Good thing Friday's are my workout days!!!

3. my new melemine serveware that worked
out so perfectly at our supper club. I got a mixture of geometric and floralpieces. They had a really pretty watercolor poppy design too.

4. Coconut water. I am only recommending the flavored kinds (except for the acai/pom one. ewwie). Plain is weird, pineapple is pina colada delicious. Try it when you are hungover, exhausted, or after you work out.

5. coconut oatmeal. Not sure what my obsession with coconut is yet, must be that its summer time. i got it from e.leaven which is right across the street from my work, so super convenient but it was too expensive. I'm dying to try it at home. Raw shredded coconut mixed through a creamy oatmeal (I'm going to try to mix in lite coconut milk!) and then toasted coconut on top. Possible mix-ins: raw sugar if needed, banana and mango!

TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment