Tuesday, June 28, 2011

recommendation: themed party ideas

Still completely obsessed with the royal wedding and Katherine & William (proof is in the $6 collectors stamp I just bought on USPS! Ha!), I came across this great theme party on HostessBlog.com and thought a lot of the ideas were useable for other parties so had to share it. I'm a HUGE fan of themes and matching everything that you can (thanks to my mom!). Not to mention I love the colors – maize & blue means… Goooooo Michigan! Using different signage or perhaps colors, some of these ideas would be great for a graduation party, bridal shower, or birthday party. Here are my recommendations:

- Flower balls in a teacup – I love it! These would be great décor for a bridal shower (My mom did floating flowers in antique teacups for mine!). There are a lot of luxe flowers in these arrangements but daisies and mums would work great as they are inexpensive. Spider Mums and gerber daises are larger flowers that would work well if you want to pop the heads off and float them instead.
- Ornate Picture Frames for Drink and Food Menus – these would work great for any party that has a complicated menu that needs to be displayed. Are even great for weddings. I think its a quick and easy way to step it up and show that you put some thought into decor and theme-ing your party. If its a shower, you can frame the invite, or a picture of the couple. I saw frames like this recently at Target – hurry over!
- Izzy soda’s – these have always been on my recommended list – they are great for kids and adults, have fun flavors (I’m a fan of apple) and are pretty for a tabletop
- Liquor Specific to the event – for the British Wedding they went with Pimm’s.
Pimms is actually a great summertime liquor - its refreshing, you can mix with sprite, ginger ale, soda water, lemonade or iced tea and you can add lemons, raspberries or cucumbers... We made it for a family BBQ and everyone went for one!
- Mini cupcakes - these are easier for people to eat. I've never made them, I would think they are pretty easy, but if you need a quick way out - Trader Joes has some cute vanilla ones. Mini ice cream sandwiches, brownie bites (try sweet moments!), or a small assortment of cookies would work well too. By giving small sizes, people don't feel as guilty trying one of everything!

1 comment:

  1. Quite informative post!! Really liked it. Thanks for sharing these ideas here. Was looking for stunning ideas for my bridal shower at one of local LA venues. Great to find these flowers balls in teacup. Will surely have this in my shower as the centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete