Tuesday, November 22, 2011

recommendation: actually DO the things you PIN, part 3 of 3

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. Here is the last of the 3 part Pinterest posts!

3. Kitchen Wall Art - inspiration:

reason:
thought it would be fun to have a little eye candy in the kitchen since I spend a lot of time in there

steps:
started poking around on etsy and found some amazing food inspired posters but then realized they came in 8 x 10 or bigger and that's unframed... I just don't have the wall space for that. not to be deterred, i decided to search for greeting cards instead which oddly enough were not difficult to find! 5 i got in San Fran, the others I ordered on etsy. all but 1 are actual greeting cards, the pancake pic is just a 5 x 7 print. frames came from ikea, i thought the metal would be more utilitarian for the kitchen work space

final product:
love this project and had so much fun putting it together. collecting anything is fun. its like a game, every time I saw a card rack, I had to go peek to see if I could find anything that would fit the wall. the best part is, since they are greeting cards and most were relatively inexpensive ($2.50 - $15.00), I can replace some of them if we ever get bored of them and need a change. so happy with the way this turned out and definitely recommend this pin!

side note:
etsy was the perfect way to make this collection happen. creative artists and great prices. here are the resources that were used to collect artwork for this collage:
- Pancake Art
- Kiss the Cook
- Your My All Thyme Favorite
- Be Grounded (this one didn't make it up on the wall but its on my fridge. always stay grounded!
- Peas and Carrots
- 1950's Kitchen

2 comments: