Thursday, February 16, 2012

recommendation: cinnamon butter must-buy

Love is in the air. And in my tummy, in the form of a butter! On Friday we were doing a quick grocery shop at Meijer, stocking up on basics for our 'Cousins Ski-Weekend' in Grand Haven, Michigan. I was trying to focus but I was hungry so I kept adding things that looked good to the cart (basically the opposite of what I said I need to NOT do!). Thank goodness I slipped in Land O Lakes Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread. I love it!

My first bite of it on an English muffin brought me immediately back to my childhood - my mother always used to make us toast with butter and cinnamon sugar (that she mixed together) sprinkled on the top. This tastes just like that and is less messy because you don't have the cinnamon sugar flying off each bite.

The spread gets quite soft when it reaches room temperature because there is canola oil in it - which is also why its kinda awesome, canola oil is one of 7 total ingredients (cream, sugar, canola oil, water, cinnamon, salt, citric acid).

If you decide to impulse buy ANY item next time you go to the grocery store, put this in your cart. I might be slightly obsessed with it. Put it on anything breakfast-y: toast, bagel, English muffin, pancake, waffle, muffin, etc. OR, put it on a vegetable! I made baked sweet potatoes on Monday and put a little dollop (OK fine, BIG dollop) on it and it was awesome!

Keep spreading the love! (the cinnamon-y kind that comes in the form of butter).

2 comments:

  1. Since you said this was a must-buy I had to try it! I bought it last night and just had 2 pieces of toast - YUM....heading up now for 2 more pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, so glad you tried it - addicting, isn't it! Its so good on english muffins too! :)

    ReplyDelete