Friday, February 10, 2012

recommendation: friday obsessions

I've been slow on posting again lately, and not because I don't have anything to talk about but again, pure laziness. I promise, more to look forward to next week - I've been trying out some pinterest crafts and have upcoming reviews of make your own mercury-glass vases, paper peonies, and a few pinterest recipes that I tested! For now, here are my top 5 things I've been thinking about this past week.

1. Hot Caprese Dip - this is the next recipe I MUST TRY from pinterest. 3 ingredients - how easy? And why have I never thought to put them into the oven like this?!?

2. Cheese obsessed. Mini Brie Bites - you can get these at Trader Joes, 5 mini cups for $3.99. They are an awesome snack - spread one onto a few crackers (my fav are Multigrain & Flaxseed Water Crackers from TJ's) with a little apricot jam spread on top. MMM! Brie is awesome and has been on my mind - I'm also wanting to try this recipe of individual Brie Bites from Joy The Baker!

3. I Dig You - found this idea online and made them for a few little kiddos I know. Found the shovels at Michaels (my mom and I bought a grab box for $2 which had about 50+ adult & kid shovels in them! bargain queens!!), candy hearts 0.99 for a bag at CVS.

4. Ann Arbor Tortilla Chips – Lime or Lime Chili Flavor. Per my hubby, they are the best tortilla chips around. I think the lime only flavor is a bit intense but can appreciate plain or the chili lime flavor. If you are from Ann Arbor, worth trying as they are locally made.

5. I love valentines day decorations that make me put the candy in the vase so that I can't eat it! Here is a cute idea for conversation hearts - I would stick a bundle of alstroemeria in the vase because you can find them at almost every grocery store and they are long lasting. Martha Stewart also has a good idea - she always knows what to do, especially at holiday time. I love her red hot candy & flower vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment