Monday, February 27, 2012

recommendation: funfetti cookie bars

Saturday night in, need a treat, check the cupboard and on the top the shelf, screaming, "Pick Me! I will save your night! Pick me!" is a box of funfetti mix. I remember at a family reunion I had a funfetti cookie, and it was amazing. So I decided to look up and see if I could find any other options than just funfetti cake... and here is what we found to choose from:

cookies:
cupcakes:
cookie cake:
sandwich:

all delicious, right? we went with the cake, partially because it seemed easiest. it was in the oven within 5 minutes, cooked for 30, cooled for 20 and goodness! it was delicious! warning though - SUPER SUPER SUPER sweet. if you can't handle the sweet, leave out the white chocolate chips. well... once it had cooled, I also added rainbow chip frosting, so that just added up to a whole lotta sugar. but it was amazing. my hubby and I agreed they are denser than cake, fluffier than a cookie, a little bit like a dessert bread - the name cakebread stuck for a few minutes - until we realized that they are a cookie bar! duh. the original recipe called for yellow cake, so here is my revision:

ingredients:
1 box funfetti cake mix
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)

directions: preheat oven to 350 degrees. combine the cake mix, oil and the beaten egg. add the milk slowly just until the batter is combined. place better in a greased 8×8 pan. bake for 25-30 minutes or just until the edges turn golden. cool for 20 minutes before cutting because the gooey center needs to set. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment