Thursday, August 16, 2012

recommendation: homemade air freshener

The electrician was due any minute this morning and I realized that something smelled funny in my kitchen... my fridge? My garbage disposal? My trash? I had to think quick and I the only spray I had was for a bathroom and I don't want that in the kitchen. Recently I tried a suggestion from Pinterest for air freshener and it worked out nicely so I did it again this morning and I think it was a great solution!!

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Take 2 caps of vanilla extract and put in coffee mug that is oven-safe. Put mug in oven for 1 hour. I put my mug on a tray so its easier to get out. After an hour, the extract hardens up in the mug so its kind of pointless to leave it in much longer. It takes about 15 minutes for the scent to start spreading.

Its a great quick fix, apparently realtors do this for open houses! My only other recommendation is to let your Other know you are doing this so they don't come home and think that you are baking a cake... that is disappointing!

Original Pin:

No comments:

Post a Comment