Thursday, August 9, 2012

recommendation: what's good at Trader Joe's

Is it raining where you are? Its pouring here and is much needed, we've had a dry summer! Seems like the perfect day to catch up on reading emails & articles that you've been putting off for a rainy day! So I'm going to add one to your list. My grandma sent me this awesome article from Huffington Post, Sweet Finds And Major Disappointments At Trader Joe's. The article is about this couple, Nathan and Sonia and their friends Russ and Sandy, have decided to go through Trader Joe's inventory and rate the products on a 1 - 10 scale with complete reviews, and then blog about it.

Trader Joe's is sometimes similar to Pinterest, it sucks you in with the pretty packaging and prices, but its not always worth it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Trader Joe's fan and think this store is absolutely amazing. I would probably shop there way more often if there wasn't construction going on my route to get there. But one person cannot possibly like every single thing they have in the store so its nice to know in advance about how a product is so that you can decide if you personally will like it.

The site has categories on the lower right so you can check out products by type - Appetizer, Dinner, Condiment, etc. Check out their website, What's Good at Trader Joe's, I think it will prove to be helpful. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The link to the website at the bottom of your post isn't working. However, I did check out the site and HOLY COW!!! What a gem of a website. I love how they have it broken down by products but they also have it broken down by ratings, which I found helpful. I also went through and looked at what they said about items we've tried to see if their opinions aligned with ours and it was pretty spot on. Since our TJ's has opened here in Lexington I'll definitely have to bookmark their website for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I fixed the broken link!

      I just did what you did and went through and found some of our likes and dislikes and they align too, so I look forward to checking out their helpful recommendations! And YAY for the new TJ's in Lexington!! :)

      Delete