Friday, July 8, 2011

recommendation: grilled corn

Just in time for another beautiful weekend, I wanted to share a few corn recipes for you to try on the grill! since we’ve been grilling a lot this summer, as long as we have it fired up and ready to go, corn is an easy thing to throw on as a side. Everyone does theirs different but we shuck the corn, slather it with olive oil, and stick it on the grill, rotating after a few minutes on each side until it gets a little charred. I do not like all things grilled – asparagus for one, prefer mine sautéed. But corn is one of those things that is good any way – boiled, grilled, popped!, so these 4 recipes are worth trying out!

1. With Lawry Seasoning Salt – growing up, mom ate corn with butter and dad ate corn ‘indian style’. This means pouring a little lawry’s seasoning salt into a dish, cutting a lime in half, dipping the lime in the salt and squeeze while pressing it onto the corn. YUM. I don't know how my dad came up with this but it's awesome. This is a MUST TRY!

2. Grilled Corn with Tequila Lime Butter: found this recipe for liquor-infused themed supper club. made 1 version with cilantro, 1 without since I'm not a fan. I couldn't taste the tequila thaaat much so I would maybe add more but I just love the idea of it...

3. Corn and Avocado Salad:
new recipe I tried the other day as a side to our grilled quesadillas – only thing we did different was grill the corn:
3 ears corn, 1 avocado, pitted and chopped, 2 scallions, thinly sliced, 1 tablespoon olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper
Directions: Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the corn. In a medium bowl, toss the corn with the avocado, scallions, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.

4. Grilled Corn with Roasted Jalepeno Butter: cooking light recipe that I haven't tried yet but am eager to because I'm intrigued by the lime rind and honey.

Enjoy and don't forget to watch the corn on the grill so it doesn't get too charred!

No comments:

Post a Comment