Sunday, July 31, 2011

recommendation: pinterest.com

Let me tell you about a website I was newly introduced to that I am now completely obsessed with. PINTEREST. My co-worker Lauren introduced me to it – she said its awesome and I must try it. I hadn’t had the chance to explore it yet when another friend Jenny mentioned on facebook that she’s obsessed with it. Between these too girl’s raves, I figured, mind as well check it out… fast forward to two weeks later, I literally get on this site every day. Pinterest.com.

Ok, so basically what it is, is you get to make virtual bulletin boards, you can label them anything – one for food, one for clothes, one for arts & crafts, etc. Then, whenever you see a great recipe on cookinglight.com or you find a skirt you really want on jcrew, or this really genius idea on how to organize something on your friends blog – instead of putting it as your status, or emailing yourself the link to look at later, or printing out the article, you PIN it to your bulletin board. You ‘add a pin’ which means you cut and paste the link, write a comment, it will automatically detect the picture or you can add one, and ta-da, you’ve virtually saved it to your board. The pin doesn’t have to come from a site, you can upload your own pictures, but it’s a great way to share all of your favorite resources for ideas and recipes.

I love pinterest because I am THE QUEEN of tearing pages out of magazines. And I save all of my magazines, I flip through dog-eared pages and am realizing that this just makes it so much easier to keep track of everything.

On top of this, your pins enter this virtual pool of ideas, so you can see everyone else’s pins, and ‘repin’ them to add them to your board! Add a new comment and tell people why you like it. You can follow your friends or random people that you like so that you can discover new thingsI am so drawn to pretty pictures – these days, if your blog or website doesn’t have a pictures along with it, you will loose people. People are drawn to what is aesthetically pleasing to them. So try it – pin away (and come follow my boards)!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this looks to be such a fun site that I'm sure to get lost in it for a very long time.Thanks for this one Stephanie. I might have to wait until Paul returns to work and I can spend lot's of time on this.

    ReplyDelete